CERTH has released an update of the ThessFest, the official mobile application for the 53rd Thessaloniki International Film Festival (TIFF53). The applications were available for free on iOS and Android.
ThessFest features the complete film schedule, as well as real-time updates from Twitter on what happens in the Festival. Specifically it offers the following features:
- Browse the updated Film Festival schedule by category and date.
- Search movies by keyword.
- See details of Festival movies and directors.
- Easily create and update your own screening schedule.
- Get directions on how to reach the Festival venues.
- Easily rate, tweet and comment movies.
- See real-time ratings, comments and tweets made by other users for each movie.
- Follow the Festival tweet stream.
During the days of the festival (2-11 November 2012), the app had 1509 downloads (1093 for iOS and 416 for Android) and it was used more than twice a day by an average user. The app reached the 4th place in Greek App Store-Entertainment, and climbed up to the 14th place of the Greek Top New free Anroid apps for Entertainment.
CERTH has also build the ThessFest website an online source providing statistics on the usage of the mobile application with respect to TIFF. It features:
- Most popular films based on ThessFes statistics
- Top rated films based on ThessFest statistics
- Recent tweets related to TIFF
- Top tweeters of TIFF
- Dynamic heat map of the Festival venues based on tweet locations
- Most popular TIFF-related photos from twitter