SocialSensor supported also this year the Thessaloniki International Film Festival offering updated apps for iOS and Android with enhanced functionality: on-line ticket availability, facebook connectivity and live film trends by app users. As always the app features also the full festival program, user ratings, tweets and comments.ThessFest is the official iPhone app for the Thessaloniki International Film Festival and the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival. The app is free and features the complete film schedule, as well as real-time updates from Twitter on what happens in the Festival.
More specifically, the tiff54 version of the app offers the following features:
- Browse the updated Film Festival schedule by category and date.
- Search movies by keyword.
- Ticket Availability
- See details of Festival movies and directors.
- Easily create and update your own screening schedule.
- Get directions on how to reach the Festival venues.
- Easily rate, tweet and comment movies.
- Share a film or rating in your Facebook wall
- See real-time ratings, comments and tweets made by other users for each movie.
- Know the trending most popular and top rated films.
- Follow the Festival tweet stream.
What's more, with the ThessFest web application the festival audience was able to have an overview of festival social highlights namely the most popular and top rated film lists as those were voted by the app users, the latest tweets and top tweeterers of the festival as well as the most interesting and shared photos in the various social networks.
Moreover, the web application features a map demonstrating geo located tweets from festival goesrs using the official hashtag of the festival #tiff54.
The web page can be found here
What further engaged the festival audience was the implementation of Social Media Walls. Shows that were demonstrated in a projector and screens in Warehouse C that included Festival highlights, and gave the public the opportunity to interact but watching their tweets geo-located on a map in real time as well as coming up in the official twitter stream (#tiff54) driving the audience from online socializing to real socializing as discussions took place among strangers around that tweets that showed up.
More than 3500 users have downloaded the app from AppStore and Google Play and the sessions have reached up to 60000 proving the added value of the app for the end user who visits the Thessaloniki International Film Festival.